I’ve started to come to the realization that the summer is half over and I don’t really feel like I’ve taken FULL advantage of the amazing weather we are having. Besides dying to BBQ just about every meal and do everything I possibly can outside, I’ve realized that I want to make sure I look back on the summer knowing it was a great summer. Just break monotony a bit, and have a TON of fun. It’s way too easy to forget that.
In the spirit of keeping it fun, this is just a quick list of Friday Favorites and what I’m loving right now 🙂
1. Training: Recently I’ve been starting to train for my 3rd and 4th half marathons. i did this same Zoom Half Marathon last year and missed the two hour mark by a whopping 2 minutes. It was a real bummer and I am determined to complete that goal this year. I actually stepped out yesterday for a run and didn’t stand to check the mirror. When I got outside, I realized I looked like a highlighter gone wrong. So, naturally I tried to snap a selfie…and got caught, which just made me feel even more ridiculous.
2. Travelling: The beginning of the summer started with our amazing wedding and 2 weeks of travel to the Bahamas and Las Vegas. After coming back from those trips, I’ve gotten to Seattle, Cape Cod and Northern New Jersey. But things have started to settle down…at least in my mind and I’ve been dying to start planning some more trips. Not to worry, Michigan is only around the corner, and then the traditional Mt Washington Summit! I’m really looking forward to it!
3. I’m always on the look out for cute workout gear, because sometimes all you need to get your butt out the door and to the gym is a nice new outfit. Seriously. It’s also great to hang around the house in and run some quick errands. Anyways, I’m absolutely LOVING the Heidi Klum New Balance Collection. I think she just nails it.
4. I don’t know if you caught on from last week’s post, Ulta Crazy, but I’m really loving some of those beauty vlogs on YouTube. I’ve been following Fleur on instagram for a little while and just started watching her videos. It may just be her english accent that has me completely captivated.
5. Barbecuing. I just can’t get enough of being outside in this weather.
6. New Eats: Today, I went with my brother to a new Venezuelan restaurant for lunch and it was just incredible. It’s so fun to try new cuisine and we weren’t let down. It was a real hole in the wall place but it blew us away.
7. Puppies: I get it….everyone is obsessed with their dogs but can you blame me?? They are just adorable 🙂
What is making your Friday the best??