I’m actually really excited to announce the beginning of the FIRST OFFICIAL SIZZLE WARS!
Sizzle Wars is a monthly recipe competition hosted here! On Sizzle Eats. Cooking and baking competitions are becoming more and more popular on reality TV and in the spirit of loving these cooking competitions, Sizzle Wars is going to open these food competitions up to anyone who wants to participate. On the first of each month I will announce the food topic for the month and you will have 3 weeks to come up with your original recipe and submit it by email to SizzleEats@gmail.com. By the end of the month, I will have selected the winners for each category and the Overall Winner, who will receive a fantasticly fun prize, which will change from month to month. They could be anything from my favorite foods to giftcards. It will be a surprise each month.
The top 3 recipes for each category will also be listed in a tab under the Sizzle Recipes for everyone to reference anytime they want. After all, there are tons and tons of different recipes out there and we all have great ideas. Why not find a way for everything to share their favorites?! Especially in a competitive environment! Who doesn’t love a good competition!!
SO, What are the Categories:
- Most Creative: This award will go to the person that was either the most creative aesthetically or ingredient wise. We all know there are certain foods that are well complemented by others, such as Buffalo and Blue Cheese, or Apples and Brie. Get creative with your ingredients and mix up those traditional matches. Make your ingredient combinations unexpected! OR, get creative with your presentation. Can you make a cupcake look like a turkey?? Or a cake look like bunny??
- Healthiest: Whenever I come across a recipe that is unquestionably unhealthy, I try to turn that around and make it taste even better but with less calories and add in a bit more nutrition. Can you turn an Oreo Crusted Cheesecake into something healthier but still preserve the flavor??
- Simplicity Award: This award will go to the recipe that doesn’t have a long prep time, a long list of ingredients or any complicated directions. Can you make a delicious dish without a long list of ingredients and hours in the kitchen?! Absolutely!
- Best Overall: This award will go to the recipe that is creative, healthy and simple. Afterall, that is what Sizzle Eats is all about! Food doesn’t need be complicated or take hours to taste great and be good for you.
So what do you need to do??
After the topic is announced at the beginning of the month, start brain storming. For example, if the topic is a Pasta Dish, you will have 3 weeks to make a pasta dish and submit it. Easy!
What needs to be submitted??
- Your recipe listing out the ingredients and steps to make it. Make sure you cite any sources if need be.
- A picture of the completed product. It doesn’t need to be anything fancy but it will be posted along side your recipe if you win!
- Any other comments you would like to include such as substitutions or additions people can make. Or just to say hello!
So nothing too crazy! The point of this is to get people sharing their favorite recipes and to have fun. I love a good competition and it should be really fun to see what people come up with. The topics are going to be something that you are most likely cooking anyways so all you have to do is snap a picture and send it in. When the winners are announced you will be able to see several of the recipes that were entered and you can judge them for yourselves as well! Get those competitive juices flowing!
Let me know if you have questions or if I missed anything here!
LET THE SIZZLE WARS BEGIN!
For November, the category is CHILDHOOD FAVORITES. Everyone grew up one Mac N Cheese, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Mom’s Meatloaf, or steamed brussels sprouts. Maybe not brussels sprouts, but you get the point. There are just some foods that you have eaten just about your entire life.
For me, Tuna Noodle Casserole stands out as THE dinner that I couldn’t get enough of. I still can’t. Whenever I go home, or my mom asks what I want for my birthday dinner, it IS TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE. For some reason I am just a bottomless pit when it comes to that stuff.
So, to kick off SIZZLE WARS, I have chosen childhood favorites as your challenge. Pick something in your list of go to meals that has stuck with you since you have been a kid. Maybe you have changed it a bit?? Added a few ingredients or taken away some?? Made it healthier?? Easier?? Portable?? Freezable?? Whatever it is, make that meal in the next 3 weeks, take a picture and email it along with the recipe to SizzleEats@gmail.com before November 21st!
If you don’t make it off of a written recipe, measure out the ingredients before you use them in your meal and just jot it down. We just want to make sure we can all replicate it when it makes us drool!
When the 21st rolls around, submissions will stop and I will reveal the winners for each category and THE PRIZE for best Overall Recipe!
If you have questions or I have confused you or ANYTHING feel free to shoot me an email or just make a comment below for everyone else to follow as well. Chances are if you have a question, everyone else does too!
HAPPY SIZZLE WARS!