I have never actually made a fritatta before but after doing so, it will definitely be happening again! So don’t let the fancy name scare you, this is a really easy, simple, quick breakfast to make. You can even pack it for lunch or make it for a light dinner. It is absolutely full of flavor as well.
I did end up substituting Almond Milk for Non-Fat milk for the simple reason that I had no idea someone chugged my gallon of milk that I bought this weekend (naughty naughty). So feel free to sub back the Non-Fat milk. We all know how fluffy the milk can make those eggs!
( I went a bit heavy on the cheese, but hey, who doesn’t love a little extra cheese in the AM??)
1/2 Cup Chopped Onion (I used Red) 1 Large Tomato
1/2 Chopped Green Pepper 1 Garlic Clove, Diced
5 Eggs 1 Tablespoon Non-Fat Milk
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Mustard 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Pepper 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese (Low Fat)
1. Heat up a large skillet to medium high heat. Add chopped onions, peppers, and garlic into the skillet with Olive Oil. Cook until soft.
2. Add chopped tomato and heat through. Feel free to add anything else to the veggies, such as olives.
3. In a small bowl, mix 5 eggs, milk, ground mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk.
4. Add egg mixture to skillet with vegetables.
5. Let it cook through, while taking the edges of the cooked eggs and allowing uncooked egg from the top to run underneath. Repeat this until the fritatta is cooked through.
6. Add cheese to the top, and wait 1-2 minutes for it to melt. Placing a cover on the skillet will speed up the melting time.
After the cheese is all melted, just cut it into quarters and eat up! It’s like a breakfast pizza, without all of the crazy carbs from the crust. Give it a try and mix things up a bit. Let me know what you come up with!
If you are worried about the portions or anything like that, try a PERSONALIZED Fritatta with a smaller skillet. You will much less of the ingredients and cook time will be reduced quite a bit.
Absolutely yummy and cheesy!
Have at it!